1897 - 1917 (20 years)
||Thomas Peacock Eyre |
||Manchester, Lancashire, England 
||31 Mar 1901
||Harpurhey, Manchester, England 
27 Monsall Street
||2 Apr 1911
||Crumpsall, Manchester, England 
185 Cleveland Road
||10 Aug 1917
||Ypres, West Flanders, Belgium [4, 5]
- No: 85357 Pte. T. Peacock. 54th. Coy. M.G.C. 10.8.17.
Reference your C.C.M./76236. dated 15.5.22. The following particulars are given for your information.
Reported - killed in action 10.8.1917 by Officer Commanding 54th company Machine Gun Corps. The company on this date were engaged in operations at GLENGORSE WOOD, and INVERNESS COPSE. (Westhoeke Ridge). Map reference Zillebeke sheet 28 N.W.4. and N.E.3. (Parts of) Edition 6a.
||Ypres, West Flanders, Belgium 
Service No: 85357
Date of Death: 10/08/1917
Regiment/Service: Machine Gun Corps (Infantry) 54th Coy.
Panel Reference: Panel 56.
Memorial: YPRES (MENIN GATE) MEMORIAL
Additional Information: Son of Thomas and Julia Peacock, of 10, Chapel Lane, Blackley, Manchester.
- Although born before mother's marriage, it appears clear from the name that the father is Thomas Peacock
||3 May 2018 |
||Thomas Peacock, b. 1877, Manchester, Lancashire, England d. 16 Oct 1953, Manchester, Lancashire, England (Age 76 years) |
||Julia Eyre, b. 1874, Manchester, Lancashire, England d. Yes, date unknown |
||Prestwich, Lancashire, England
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
|Birth - 1897 - Manchester, Lancashire, England
|Residence - Address:
27 Monsall Street - 31 Mar 1901 - Harpurhey, Manchester, England
|Residence - Address:
185 Cleveland Road - 2 Apr 1911 - Crumpsall, Manchester, England
|Death - 10 Aug 1917 - Ypres, West Flanders, Belgium
|Burial - - Ypres, West Flanders, Belgium
|| : Location
: Not Set
- [S116] UK BMD (FreeBMD), 1897 September Manchester 8d 305.
- [S7] 1901 Census (FindMyPast) England, Wales & Scotland, (The National Archives of the UK, Kew, Surrey), Eyre, Thomas P; Birth year: 1898; Birth town: Manchester; Birth county: Lancashire; Reg dist: Manchester; Parish: Manchester; County: Lancashire; Ref: RG13; Piece: 3753; Folio: 173; Page: 24 (accessed 3 May 2018).
- [S8] 1911 Census (FindMyPast) England and Wales, (The National Archives of the UK, Kew, Surrey), Eyre, Thomas Peacock; Birth year: 1898; Birth place: Lancs Manchester; Reg dist: Prestwich; Parish: North Manchester; County: Lancashire; Ref: RG14PN24200 RG78PN1388 RD467 SD1 ED30 SN78 (accessed 28 Mar 2018).
- [S24] British Army WW1 Service Records, 1914-1920 (Ancestry).
- [S38] Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC).